24.10.12

They Call Me Mellow Yellow

I've passed the half way point of my week off work today and spent it lunching with my pal Charlotte and lazing about the house (and trying to tidy...)

I resurrected some old classics when I got dressed today. My eBay cat t-shirt (similar here) and my ye olde faux fur coat from H&M! Worn with my acid wash New Look jeans and new Sarenza* shoesies. 




These suede t-bar shoes from Mellow Yellow at Sarenza* really remind me of the kind of shoes I used to wear when I was little, with the cute heart-shaped cut outs! The gummy heels mean they are super comfy - always a plus in my book. I've worn them loads in the short time I've had them! 

Now I just need to find some grown up versions of the shoes with the key that changed the image on the sole for my nostalgia-footwear-fest to be complete! Anyone else remember those?! 

Hair update (because you're clearly on the edge of your seat): I gave my fringe a trim today to make the sides look longer. It's starting to look ever so slightly more like a short bob rather than an outgrown crop now! Hoping to grow it just a few inches more and then I think I'll be happy with it. 

The growing-out period hasn't been nearly as awkward as I was expecting! If I'd have known it'd be this easy, I'd have done it yonks ago! 

xo

26 comments:

  1. Your hair looks lovely it actually really suits you! Im completely In love with your shoes too! I seriously need a pair! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaah the fur coat is gorg! i'm jealous that your hair-growing-out is going so easily, mine is starting to look like a mullet now but i'm refusing to cut it!

    Laila x
    thekittenswhiskers

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that coat


    check out my giveaway!


    http://lavieenliz.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely outfit, your shoes are so cute too! I started growing my hair last year after having it shaved on both sides (big mistake) but it's so worth it. I think your hair looks lovely, not awkward at all!
    Rachelle x
    http://inspiredbytheretired.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This whole outfit is cutee. your hair looks lovely too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shoes are adorable :) and LOVE the cat top. I'm such an old cat lady :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the fur! Need my hands on that cat tee, beautiful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're right about the shoes - they look just like the ones you'd wear with your summer dress in primary school. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not gonna lie, your kitten tshirt is stupidly perfect. Also heavy in to your hair, looks great! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love everything about this outfit,especially the shoes!:)xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh, Magic Steps, I had those! I wanted them for so long and can still remember how I felt when I finally got them. That must be where the shoe obsession started!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love that t-shirt! Need to find myself a version and those shoes are sweeeet :)

    lynseysliberties.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the shoes! I had a pair of black patent shoes in a similar style when I was little, so cute :)

    I just want to say I've been reading your blog for ages and it's SUCH an inspiration to me! Whenever I don't know what to wear I have a look at your blog to get ideas <3 I suddenly decided it was rude to never comment on my favourite blogs so I started doing just that.

    xx Babs

    http://cosmicglitters.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely outfit! your hair style really suits you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Longer hair suits you. I too have been reading surreptitiously. Fab budget-conscious style x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm loving those shoes Gem! Off to see what else they have!

    Also, you look great with slightly longer hair. I think a little bob would look so cute on you. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm super shocked by those shoes, when I first saw them on the sarenza website I didn't think they'd go with that much but they look amazing here (cute and comfy! what more could you ask) I'm wanting them with tights and the faux fur ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. perfect outfit and your hair is looking gorge

    ReplyDelete
  19. the shoes are amazing (I must have) X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails