21.3.12

Socks and Sandals

If you follow me on Twitter you may know this is my long-awaited week off work and I've been a busy bee catching up with family and friends (and charity shopping to AMAZING success - more on this soon). It's been fabulous so far. I haven't sorted through the pics of what I've been up to but wanted to get this outfit photo from the other day up before it gets buried under a bunch of new photos! 

I'm wearing a couple of newcomers to the wardrobe. My mint-turquoise-mauve headscarf, which ties the perfect sized bow, was a charity shop find for 75p. My jacket and sandals were free from Dorothy Perkins, who I have been working with on a project lately - all will be revealed! 

(Breathless t-shirt - eBay, jeans - Topshop, necklace c/o Temporary Secretary (sold out)

(Excuse the door... My diva photographer/boyfriend refuses to leave the house to do my garden outfit snaps and just stands in the doorway!)


I am a little bit in love with these sandals. They have a diddy gold heel on them, which is perfect for flats fanatics like myself. I usually end up a hobbling freak in the lowest of heels, but I wore these throughout an entire shift at work and they were super comfy and generally adorable. They are only £30 on the site, which I think is very reasonable indeed! 

I'm going off to watch the new series of The Apprentice now! SO excited. I'm really hoping for another Stuart Baggs 'the brand'. What a guy. I was convinced I was sat next to Nick Hewer on the train the other day so I took loads of secret photos of the side of this man's head and started texting them to anyone I knew that would care. Then, through the joys of technology, I saw on Nick's Twitter that he wasn't even in the country, let alone on a train to Canterbury next to a stalker freak... Lily will be the first to tell you my celeb spotting skills are beyond naff! Sigh!

BBS!

30 comments:

  1. aaah, wonderful! may i ask, the angle we see you from in photos, is it a camera trick, or is Alex just like... really tall?

    Much love!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lounge doorway is about a foot off the ground in the garden, if that makes sense? So yeah. Pics taken from above! Haha.

      Delete
  2. Oooh cute jacket! And your "diva" of a boyfriend needs to get outside more. Maybe if Morrissey were outside in the garden, he'd come out? ;)

    And I can relate to being a wobbly freak on heels, mainly because my feet came out wrong when I was born. I can still walk on them, but only blocky, mid- to low heels will do for me; no stilettos in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how the headbow ties everything together x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big fan! The sandals are so brill, I love the little gold heels, can't hack real heels! Watching apprentice now and literally just said bring back Stuart <3

    wishfulsinfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking good as always gemma, i love how much you rock the bow. you wear it so well. i laughed so much reading the part about nick hewer.. i love him so much! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look lovely! love that big bow on your head!!!! xx
    Alice Barton ♥ The Mow Way

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Apprentice too. Just watching good old Dara on 'You're Fired'. Cute look by the way xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Only you could make socks and sandals look good!! Love it!! x

    http://safiya-marie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gem.LOVE the outfit. the bow looks awesome! excited to find out about the DP project!!

    esmedot ♥

    http://www.esmehearts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Charity shop scarves make the perfect bows! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the gold heel, I get excited when I see Derek the weatherman off the Welsh news in Cardiff ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahaha so funny you took photos of a total random thinking it was Nick!!

    I love how you wear socks with sandals, you look very cute today!

    Ginger Pickle ♥

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the sandals! Will be great for summer :)x

    http://themusingsofflorence.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the socks and sandals combo!
    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your hair bow, it's gorgeous! I deffo have to get down to my local charity shops :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your headscarf Gem (: oh gosh, your celeb spotting skills and endeavours are my fave. Will I be seeing you at Motel next week? xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooh forgot Apprentice on! Thanks :)
    Had the worst luck charity shop shopping, look forward to seeing your purchases
    It would be mine
    Who'd have thought sock and sandals would be cool again?!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm hoping for another Stuart Baggs too! The Apprentice never fails to entertain! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh, i like so much socks and sandals.
    cool look!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving the socks and sandals, and the heel on them definitely looks the perfect size!! Haha my boyfriend often refuses to leave the house at photo time too so I even get photos taken out of windows, not fair haha =D
    http://xrebelangelx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the scarf, a good find! Can't wait to see what you got from the charity shops too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the gold heels on the sandals! The colours in your headscarf are really pretty too!

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the head scarf and heels! Definitely a good one for me - feelow heelaphobe!
    xx
    emsipop.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the headscarf! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your charity shop goodies :)
    R xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. "is that face hunter???!!!?" OH GOD i hope not with that camera!, hahah love your celeb spotting skills! socks and sandals are my fave, that hair bow looks awesome on you too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You're so lucky you can pull this off! I would look like such an idiot :( xxx

    missjessicarachel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are the only person I've seen look good in socks and sandals! Love the headscarf too, what a bargain!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, the amount of times I've been mocked for wearing socks and sandals! You've managed to pull the look off much better than me, though!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥