8.3.12

The Company Style Blogger Awards!

Last night, style bloggers descended on East London en masse to attend the Company Style Blogger Awards. As I've probably blogged before, Company is my favourite magazine (especially since its recent makeover!) so to be able to chat with the team behind the magazine was, like, amazing. I genuinely felt quite starstruck!

What I wore to the awards (not looking quite on form as this pic was taken at the end of the night!) 

(dress - H&M, biker - Topshop, socks - New Look, boots - Charity Shop, tote bag - Topshop, belt - c/o F&F, goody bag - c/o Company!)

Everyone mingling over a cocktail or three:


Tweets with the #stylebloggerawards hashtag were projected onto the wall:


Company's editor Victoria White and Web Editor Theresa Caney announcing the winners!  


Carrie from Wish Wish Wish winning an award for best photography approximately 1 second after setting foot in the door!


Lily winning Best High Street Blog!


Myspace posing in a balloon - why not? 


My homeys: Kristabel, Jen and Lily!


Me with my award!! Well, AN award. I won diddly squat, but that doesn't mean I can't pose with Lily's award and pretend. Framed prints of this photo are on their way to my relatives as we speak - what they don't know won't hurt them! *Joke*


The stunning shoes on show! 


We got to see some of the new New Look collection - adoring that dress at the front - very Diner chic!


Yeah, the 'pretend it's ME on the cover!' shot worked out better in my head...


Lucy getting some detail shots of Kristabel's shoes!


Jennifer from Style East showing me her EPIC feline iPhone case. Totally getting one of these when I upgrade in a couple of months. She told me it was only a couple of quid on eBay - scouting around I think it could be this one for £1.15! *Bookmark*


I had to get a couple of snaps of the nail art going on. Check out Lil's Topshop nail tattoos! Gorgeous!


Kristabel rocking some DIY pastel leopard print:


After the fash bash, we headed to The Diner for burgers, fries and 'soda' - American stylee! Yum! 


It was the best night I'd had in such a long time. And, in keeping with International Women's Day, I must tell you I felt very proud to be among so many women blazing trails in the world of print and digital media. Girl power! 

For maximum goss, you can check out who won the awards, what the bloggers wore to the ceremony, and the night in photos over on Company's website. 

Do you read Company mag? And what's your take on magazine blogger awards?


33 comments:

  1. Looks like you had an amazing time...very jealous!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks like so much fun! love lilys nails as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had an amazing time and you all looked gorgeous!! Loved the Myspace pose in a balloon hahaha brilliant! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your write up, looks such a fab evening. I can dream of being nominated, one day eh!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant believe I haven't followed you sooner! love your blog beaut! It looks like you had an amazing night, im soo jealous!! ;)

    Hayley xo
    Stylecandi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like you had a great night :)

    http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love company mag! Most relevant magazine out their for young women! Looks like you had a fab night (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. `Looks like a fab night! Haha i'm laughing at you pretending to be on the cover of company it actually does kinda look like you are lol!

    Ginger Pickle ♥

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had such a fab night, I'd definitely send that picture to all of your relatives ;-). You looked gorgeous as did all the other girlies! Company are such a great brand for bloggers! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing post, so nice as someone who didn't attend to be able to see it all in pics. Sounds like an amazing night and looks like you had loads of fun :)

    Mel x
    www.mediamarmalade.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super jealous! Looks like you had an amazing time! Congrats for being nominated and to all your friends that won. Really nice that Company actually offer this sort of stuff for bloggers to get some recognition and notwithstanding it's also a great read too! And of course everybody loves a cheeky bit of MySpace posing now and again. Can't blame you...the balloon just looks so alluring!

    Gemma x

    www.gemmasatire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Company is my favourite magazine too, would love to attend something like this one day! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like an amazing time was had!

    I have that kitty phonecase :) I also have it in white! Have a look on ebay, as I got both together for just 3 quid!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You looked beautiful and it looks like you had an amazing time. I love Company, its my fave magazine. So jealous of your Mary Katrantzou tote, my friend has one too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post and photos, I did actually vote for you a while back!! So much love for the little polka dot dress you wore, craving for some diner fries now

    wishfulsinfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love your dress! you look so beautiful! (:

    xx

    skadiida.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like it was a great night, you all look great! I hadn't read company in ages and then thought I'd give it a look after having it's makeover and I love it! Don't think I'll be missing an issue now :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am oh so jealous and actually, talking of Company's new design, the first time I saw it the first thing I thought was how much the general look reminded me of your blog! They've definitely been stealing tips from you. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Think the awards are a great idea!!! Love company its my favourite mag at the moment, im always read it front to back way to quickly, then have to wait anxiously for another month ha!
    Your blog is rocking btw :)

    www.justsugacane.com

    Diana xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like a fashion awesome night :) 'myspace pose' made me laugh, haha, great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think awards are great, because blogging is really important in the magazine world nowadays and it should be taken more seriously by the public. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This night looks amazing! I absolutely love Company too - Glamour and Company are my two favourites (alongside a cheeky Nylon purchase when I'm feeling like a hipster). You look so gorgeous - your hair is perfect!

    Emily Wears Things
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. that 'looking like you're on the cover of a magazine' shot is pure genius!!- jade xx

    www.alright-blondie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. lookslike a great night! I love Company magazine x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really like Company; and their makeover really makes them stand out! :)
    Looks like you had a really fun night as well!

    I've used 'really' one too many times here :s

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love Company - I think my ultimate blogger dream would be to win one of their Style Blogger awards! And I'd so end up doing the 'me on the cover thing', although I think I'd be ridiculously short and have Florence's head on top of mine! x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sounds like you had a lovely time, loving your little boots, you all look gorgeous! Company magazine is fast becoming my favourite since the make over, just checked out the website and found some lovely new bloggers too :)

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
  28. Aww, you totally should have one something, your blog is my favourite out there :) Still looks like an amazing night though!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You very much deserved an award. Where are Jazmine's shoes from? They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You very much deserved an award *and should have got one.

      Delete
  30. ah i really wish i could have gone to this! looks like such a good event xx

    missjessicarachel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥