7.1.12

Seaside Saturday

We had our friends Dan and Danielle over from Brighton last night and we decided to show them the delights of Whitstable today. Here's a few snaps of what went on...

Danielle in the car, Instagramming away! 

Charity shopping! All I bought was an umbrella for £1, but it's a bloody good one. A nice dome shaped one that won't turn inside out if you merely breathe near it like all my others!

Yeah. I don't really know what this insane furry-hatted mannequin was about, but someone had painstakingly decoupaged every crevice with fashion mag clippings...

All of this crazy could be yours for £75! 

We found an ACTUAL Mcdonald's 'M' in an antique shop! 

Loved these cushions! 

This incredible Polar Bear shelf unit was found in Found (ho ho!), a very quirky home store.

Loved this card in Alex's favourite book shop, Harbour Books.

There was more canine cuteness to be found, when these sausage dogs entered Frank while we were browsing! 

We went to the amazing Wetherspoons (words not often strung together, but this one is summin else!) which used to be a cinema. 

 Me looking a tad bedraggled from the sea breeze! 

Dani and I!

Today's outfit. Cardi - Topshop, Dress - c/o Motel, Boots - Charity shop.

Our buds have gone back to Brighton now and the rest of my night will mostly consist of watching Take Me Out, Celebrity Big Brother and then trying to claw back a few brain cells by reading How to be a Woman later on. Oh, and I shall also be addressing the mountain of washing up left over from our home made Spag Bol last night. This is what Saturday nights were made for!!

On another note, I was wondering if anyone has any requests for future posts? I'm planning to do more Youtube and DIY's this year, but if there was anything specific anyone would be interested in reading/seeing, do share! 

Hope you all have a lovely weekend! 

xo

34 comments:

  1. The Weatherspoons in my home town used to be a cinema and there's loads of old movie star portraits and film promo material. And the walls are book shelves. It sounds good but it's actually a really weird place. There's also a palm tree in there somewhere :S Hmm... I wonder why I moved away haha ! You always seem to find the best stuff in Whitstable. Also loving those little sausage doggies, it's my dream to have one <3 Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fun day! Can't believe that mannequin costs £75! O I like your dress :) I would love to see more Youtube videos they're always really funny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. :o that charity shop is 1000 times better than the ones near me, I am very jealous! all the ones around here are very hit or miss haha but anyway cute sausasge dogs n'awww <3



    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whitstable is lovely I love the market on thursdays and the charity shops there. Looks like you had a great time.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWHHH! You all look like you had a fun (wet) time! Whitstable sounds fab, better than Brighton any day! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahaha sounds like you had a lot of fun! + love your dress
    xxx

    http://wishuponasmile.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I want that polar bear table!

    Looks like you had a fab day out, I'm v.jealous :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw I love sausage dogs! And you look gorgeous as always :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a great time :)
    But that mannequin is creepy as hell

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought of a comment for literally every photo but I will summarise:

    "These are bloody brilliant photos!"

    Your blog always makes me smile. Have a happy weekend Gem!

    life/style/flash.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That mcdonalds m is amazing! Its sad that i'd love it in my house aha x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why do you always look so fabulous! I envy your style. It looks like you had a great day out with your friends, a perfect weekend for anybody. I'm a fan of Wetherspoons myself, although our local one isn't as lovable as the one you visited today. Good luck washing your pots, and that reminds me, I need to buy How to be a Woman too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really enjoying Dani's fur collar!
    How to Be a Woman is bloody brilliant.
    Lovely post as ever
    Fi
    x
    http://fifisstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please tell me that McDonalds sign is now hanging in your flat! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww those dogs are amazing!

    Looks like such a good time, so many fun finds... I want that mcdonalds sign! haha xx

    sweet monday

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the pics :D

    And your short hair really wants me to go back to short hair :-/

    Looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you had a lovely time :).

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Wetherspoon's in Llandudno is an old cinema too :) Loving those cushions too! Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those charity shops look way better than the ones in my home town!! I love your DIY posts so more of them please :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those sausage dogs are so cute! I love them, I've always wanted one! But that mannequin is just plain scary...

    http://hummingbirdandtherose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love dome umbrellas, so ideal, good buy! The pug card/sausage dogs definitely made me awww. Lovely outfit, brill cardi

    wishfulsinfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the outfit! Looks like such a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like you had a fab day! For future posts, I love vids - they're always so funny and great to watch x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like you had a really great day. Some really interesting shops! & Oh lord, I love sausage dogs! Haha love your's & your friends outfits! I have your friends in blue :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. It sounds like you had an amazing day!

    Yes!! I can't wait to see more of your DIY's.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. The photos are lush, looks like you had such a good day! I strangely love that mannequin ahaha, it's well put together.

    Oh I did exactly the same on saturday night, I love Paddy on Take Me Out! x

    ReplyDelete
  27. All those shops look brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Haha that mannequin is epic! Love your cardi x

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've never really paid attention to where you lived before! Didn't realise it was Kent! Some of my family live in Whitstable and I love it! It's so pretty! And Frank is an awesome shop! I bought a Rob Ryan poster in there a few years ago :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  30. The cushions are so pretty, and the polar bear shelving unit is awesome! That Wetherspoons is so cool! x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Whitstable is my hometown, so it's nice to see you visited, (the top end too)alot of people just head straight for harbour steet, but we have some really wonderful shops/charity shops further up. Olivia's cafe do really lovely tea, cake and sandwiches so would definately recommend for next time! Shame the whether wasn't good enough to hit up the beach. Anyway hope you enjoyed you day x
    Kirsty x

    ReplyDelete
  32. you are so lucky to have all those great shops in your area!! looove that polar bair table!! haha you have a new follower! xx Alice Barton ♥ The Mow Way

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥