12.10.11

Midweek Musings

Love me, love my onesie

It's been my saviour while I've been poorly. It's kept me toasty warm and cosy and obviously has all the cool-points that come with essentially dressing as a cat. Definitely improved my morale! If you don't live near Primarni, you need to be snapping one of their infamous onesies up on eBay because they are, in my eyes, this season's most important trend. 



(Yes I know I look facially frightful. This was at the height of my illness!)
Lust list


Clocked this beauty at work today... £34 though? Sob! Such a gorgeous dress. Perfect length... perfect shape, perfect grey marl. Bring on uniform discount! Two weeks on Friday, you shall be mine! I have officially just jinxed the dress and will clearly look like a sack of potatoes in it. 

Mr Postman

I received this fantastic leopard necklace as a gift from Me & Zena in the post. It's bigger than I expected but in a very good way. A more chic take on the leopard trend than my usual efforts (nails/leggings etc!)


(Wearing a distressed black tee c/o Clothing At Tesco)


(Little Roxy on my lap, trying to reclaim my attention from my new, more blingy feline friend! Soz cat, you lose!)

Nails o' the week:

I painted some falsies the other day when I was ill and bored out of my brains! I was using a bunch of amazing Models Own nail varnishes they sent me as part of a master plan I shall be revealing soon... I've probably already said too much! 



(these are the ones I use, trimmed and filed down a lot!) 

My middle nail popped off almost into my dinner at Prezzo tonight which was pretty hilarious! The perils of false nails! 

Kareen Brown


The gorgeous and stylish winner of the competition I hosted with Me & Zena! The specs, the florals, the studded belt, the glitter nails... J'adore your style, Kareen!! You can see all of the runners-up over on Me & Zena's blog. It was so hard to choose the runners-up and I appreciated so much that so many people took the time to enter a competition that required more participation than commenting 'enta me plz, xx lol'. There were nearly 100 entries in the end, I think. Just wish we'd had 100 prizes to give! Thanks to all who entered <3

Misc.

Watching/listening to the heart wrenching tones of Big Deal. It's not my usual taste but their songs sound so... beautifully sad, I'm just captivated. Lots of style inspiration in their video, too. 

Have you ever had a dream? I think we could all learn something from this little guy's ability to fail so epically but come through it smiling proudly at the end. The glass is always half full. I think about this video when I'm walking down the street or serving customers at work and it makes me spontaneously erupt into laughter each time... It's so awkward but I can't help it!

Hmmm, anything else to mention? Not much. Working until Saturday now, then my gorgeous Brighton buddy Danielle is coming to stay at the weekend! Excitement! 

<3

36 comments:

  1. The nails I buy from ebay are always too long. Your ones look way more natural. Love the colours you've used :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that dress ! Love your onesie too :)

    www.launainponderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, a Gem x Wah x MO collab?!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the nails! I'm sure the dress will look lovely. I've just bought a onesie, its a bunny one, it even has a bunny tail and ears :D I love it. It's tucked away until the day I get flu/my next weekend off!
    Hope you feel better soon :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww sweetie you look adorable, sorry you have been ill. i was going to buy a onesies today from primark...but unfortunately i forgot to go back lol
    Those nails are lush :) Thanks for Introducing me to kareen off to check out her site :) xxx

    p.s. get better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the leopard and polka dot nails! Hope you're feeling better Gem! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gem you look adorable in that onesie!!
    Hope you're feeling better x

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww, you look the cutest thing in your onesie! hope you're feeling better.

    the nails & necklace are lovely too :)

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your nail ideas are constantly inspiring and I was hoping Topshop were going to some more midis, gorgeous xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha i bought the same onesie the other day, i love dressing as a cat! considering binning all my clothes and living in onesies for the rest of my life ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously need that onesie! I honestly couldn't think of anything better for those cold winter nights x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just saw that dress on the website, it seems so perfect! But not as good as the onesie :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much Gem :D
    I love the onesie by the way haha :)
    Here's the link to my blog if anyone wants a look http://madefromdust.blogspot.com/ x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are the most adorable cat owner ever! Did you know there's a magnetic nail polish out and about now? You paint your nails like normal, then run the cap--which has the magnet--over the polish--which has iron filings--and make fun, wavy designs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How weird I had that exact necklace a couple of years ago, I bought it in a charity shop but then lost it - can the pendant also be worn as a brooch?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want a onesie! :( For some reason though my boyfriend doesn't find them attractive...don't understand it. I want to look like a cat!

    www.sunshine-rainbows-and-ribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. In love with the onesie, its amazing. I really want a onesie for winter. Nails look incredible, so a good useful way of doing them xx :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I still haven't got a onesie yet! I need one soon!

    http://hushed-secrets.blogspot.com/

    Em xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you feel better soon Gem, been ill too and just baking and doing nail art to keep sane. OMG that onesie is amazing hahaha cat lady. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A cat onesie = WANT!!! I think that dress will look fab on you :) Love Kareens style.. gorgeous shirt!

    The Deer Head

    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE the cat onesie!!!!! haha so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. hehe - love the oneise - you've def. earnt cool points in my book! Kareen was a very worthy winner - her style is awesomes and I was very happy to be a runner up :). PS love that dream vdeo, I've seen it before and it really makes me chuckle! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Been lusting after that necklace for a while. I've got freshers flu - in my third year! - and I'm so jealous of your onesie :(

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look adorable in that onsie! And you are very talented at nail art :)

    Vx

    glitterbomb-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey,
    Just wanted to say I thought I might have saw you in Topshop during the student night so I was staring at you because I recognised your face but wasn't sure if it was you and I realise now it was you. So apologies from a shopper who kept staring at you on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovee the onesie, recently just bought the zebra print one, can't get out of it!
    Also want this necklace, it's lovely!
    x
    fayesfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. i don't understand how i've survived without a cat onesie in my life! love love love the little leopard necklace, it's awesome and i also adore your nails. i've never tried false ones but these make me want to!

    and omgz, i am obsessed with the little 'have you ever had a dream like' kid- adorable!

    beth xo
    ramz and the flock

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my days that video is funniest thing I've seen in friggin ages!!! Thank you for bringing it into my life lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey, I'm Georgie I said hey to you today whilst you was at work :). Sorry to hear that you've been ill, hope you're better now. Your cat is so cute and so is the cat onsie. I can relate to the false nails popping off senario it's rather annoying when they fling off x

    ReplyDelete
  30. finally confirmed to me that I definitely do need a onesie, this is so adorable! I saw the grey dress the other day too and fell in love, such a great basic!

    wishfulsinfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. There's so much to comment on in this post... but... THAT VIDEO! Aaawwww hahaha that poor little guy. I sure have had that dream xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. You look so cute in your onesie! x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ahhh I brought this dress yesterday! I know a lil pricey but its worth it for fittt.. perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥