24.9.11

Boy oh boy

I can finally blog now I've arrived at my mum's house for her birthday celebrations (namely charity shop shopping!) Our internet has gone schizophrenic at home, so I haven't been able to be the LFW-reporting whizz kid I was hoping to be. Sigh!!

I have two Jack Russell's vying for my attention right now, but thought I'd post this quickie of an outfit I wore to work this week. I wasn't intentionally going for an androgynous look, but what with my geek chic new glasses (Gok Wan for Specsavers - not a freebie, I feel I should add!) the buttoned up old Topshop polo shirt and the new corduroy shearling jacket (found in a charity shop) I chucked on over it, the vibe was positively penile! Just had to Google to check that 'penile' meant what I thought it did. It does. And if you try it, don't click on Google Images out of curiosity, k?




I've had a hilarious morning. Mum came to collect Alex and I from the station (in her Superman pyjama top) and her car broke down on the way home. She had to call the mechanic out, who helped her push the car to the side of the road and he said to just leave it for a couple of hours to chillax (sometimes this is all it takes to fix a VW, appaz!) so we had to leave a note explaining that we were leaving the car on a yellow line because it had broken down. The only piece of paper we had between us was the envelope from mum's as-yet-unopened birthday card so I had to unsheathe it and write 'BROKEN DOWN :(' on it. We were then presented with the irony of the design on the front of mum's card reading 'MUM, keep calm and carry on!' Definitely words to live by when your car has died and you're stood in the road in Superman pyjamas on your birthday. 

So much for a quickie blog! Right, I'm off to play with the pooches, go round the charity shops with mum and visit the apparently amazing Andy Warhol exhibition that opened at the De La Warr pavillion today.  

Have a good one! 

<3

31 comments:

  1. Ahhh I love your shoes! Have a great time at your Mums :). Charity shop shopping is the best. I have a weakness for the vintage crockery you can often find in them!

    http://the-cameras-lying.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww bless your Mum, at least it's a story you can look back on and laugh at :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH BOY CORDUROY!

    I'm liking that jacket:)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha your posts always make me laugh :-)

    Enjoy today.

    Jade x

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday to your mum, hope her day runs smoothly after a hectic morning!

    love the outfit, i am such a fan of that teal colour right now. skirts with pockets are always fantastic too.. why do pockets improve pretty much any item of clothing?

    jade. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your glasses are amazing - I need to go down to Specsavers and get my frames changed, these are just gorgeous!

    xo Samantha Grace
    xosamanthagrace.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this outfit, the buttoned up polo is awesome and those new classes are lush. I definitely need to check out Gok's range


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you guys had an amusing morning! You are so cute and those glasses are darling.

    ♥, Jamie
    www.TheFancyTeacup.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are both hilarious and adorable! LOVE the corduroy and the glasses..and, well, everything else aswell! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhhh I wish I had some pooches to play with! Anyway, I love love love the colour of your top. Teal is very pretty on you :)
    It would be mine

    ReplyDelete
  11. This made me laugh out loud. you write brilliantly :L xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wasn't too keen on the Gok Wan collection at specsavers, however I think you have styled the frames really well!

    You obviously have the kind of face which can pull off a larger frame (this is definately a compliment)

    http://bethanclogblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look so good in the specs, are you as blind as I am? I went to the opticians and they told me that my prescription hadn't got worse, i was pleased as punch. Then i looked at my eye measurements and it turns out that it could not get any worse!!! Waaaah! Little mole eyes! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. love those gok wan frames, they complement the outfit perfectly!

    jenna@ www.pretastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. aww happy birthday mamma gemfatale! that doesn't sound like a fun startto her celebrations :( i used to have a jacket like that when I was younger, it's so 90s! Fab.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your story about you mum is simply brilliant! Love your looka nd your hair is really cool! ove it. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your making me wish i had to wear glasses they're so awesome i love them! Love a bit of geek chic xx

    dsychain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your words bring the lolz every time... haha penile!

    Hope you find some fab stuff at the charity shops. I absolutely love Warhol, I spent almost the whole day at his exhibition when it was in Brisbane. Have an amazing time!

    x x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the glasses, they really suit you. Hope you find some good stuff at the charity shops! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the whole look you have going on here! I really need to get some Gok Wan specs... I'm really blind but hate glasses, but love these! Hilarious story about your mums car!!

    The Deer Head

    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing outfit! I love love love your sunglasses. And what a story! Your mum certainly knows how to celebrate.
    Have fun,

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your outfit! I'm going to see the Andy Warhol exhibition there soon as well, what a coincidence!

    Pip x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your glasses! Disasters like that always happen to me!
    xx
    http://homemadefashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the glasses! Charity shop shopping sounds like an awesome way to celebrate a birthday - May have to give it a go next year!!
    Just spotted you in the background of Temporary:secretary's pics on her latest post, felt a bit stalkerish that I could pick out a blogger in the crowd!!

    www.chattybrat.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this, really a suits you!

    wishfulsinfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely look :) Nawh, your Mum sounds like a cutie x

    orarose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOVE the gok wan geek chic glasses hon!! Gotta be a pair of those! wish they came in like electric blue or orange too! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ze boobies are looking impressive in that top! Lovely outfit dear heart and happy happy to your mama x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Think this is one of my favourite outfits from you! I love it when a girl can pull off looks like this, while still very evidently female! Your hair looks lush, and your new glasses make me want to go and get my eyes tested! Love your little story about the car breaking down hahaha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. I LOVE Gok's glasses range, they're fabulous

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥