9.7.11

Gemini Fatale

Alex snapped a quick couple of outfit posts whilst we walked into town yesterday. It started raining halfway through the 'shoot'! 

This is the blog debut of my epic camel coat - complete with fur peter pan collar - which I picked up in a Shelter charity shop in Glasgow just after meeting up with Ayden. It was £6 which I thought was a bit steep at the time (I'm stingey), but I figured it was wool so it would be a wise (and warm) investment for winter. I usually shiver my way through the chilly months in a leather biker and big scarf! 


(Tee - c/o Wildfox, Jeans - Topshop, Flats and brolly - Primark, Lippie - Barry M #146 )

The t-shirt was a gift from Wildfox after I was selected to be an 'Astrology Fox' months back. They picked 12 bloggers to represent each star sign - and in turn, their star sign based t-shirt range - and had us all complete little questionnaires so they could do a little horoscope profile thing of each of us. Unfortunately, one blogger pulled out and refused to send their freebie shirt back for another blogger to use, so they had to pull the plug on the project, which was gutting. Pretty shocking behaviour, if you ask me.  Would've been amazing to have been featured on the Wildfox site, as was originally planned! 

Bitch-rant over, I thought I would share the photo and questionnaire answers I sent over with you guys so I could feel like that night I spent taking 500 photos in the hallway trying to get every letter of the word 'trouble' in the shot wasn't a complete waste!



1. Night Owl or Early Bird?

Night Owl

2. Disco Diva or House Bunny?



House Bunny (imposed by being a 3rd year Uni student!)

3. What's your favourite day of the week?

Wednesdays - I don't have work or uni so I can catch up on blogs and do some nail art!

4. What’s your favourite ice-cream flavour?

Hmmm, Chocolate Brownie flavour or Coffee.

5. Heels or flats?

Flats all the way! Life's too short to be hobbling about in pain after two hours. I just can't handle a heel!

6. If you were an animal, what would you be?

A cat. Loafing around and eating all day is my life's aim. 

7. Hopeless romantic or heart under lock and key?

I've been loved up with my boyfriend for 5 and a half years, but I'm not sure I'd consider us hopeless romantics! 

8. You’re meeting a friend, are you super early, bang on time, or about a week late?

I am usually a tad late. 

9. How would your friends describe you in 5 words?

Funny (I hope!), indecisive, cheapskate, excitable, broody...

10. You’ve got a spare hour, do you watch TV, work, clean the house, hit the gym, phone a friend or shop?

Watch TV - preferably Escape to the Country or Glee.

11. What’s your hair colour?

Black (mousey brown somewhere underneath it all)

12. When it comes to your appearance rate your maintenance from 1-5, 1 being low (Britney Spears) to 5 being high (Kim Kardashian).

2 - I don't spend much time or money on getting dressed or doing makeup, but my hair and nails can take time! 

13. What was your favourite childhood TV show?

Miami 7! I used to record every episode and watch it over and over. I should be cringing, but I still kinda love it! 

14. Mama’s girl or Daddy’s Princess?

Mummy's girl.

15. If I was an item of clothing I would be ...

Probably a hybrid like 'Jeggings' or a 'Skort', as I'm constantly in two minds about everything! 


Right, I'm off to do some cleaning for a flat inspection we have on Monday. Eep! 

Have a fun weekend, guys! That's an order. ♥

50 comments:

  1. Looking babes as ever Gem, the coat was a steal - so gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that coat is deffo an investment! Looks awesome. Can't believe somebody did that and ruined the project I saw a few girls do theirs and was actually wandering where it was going what was going to happen but nothing now booo!!! :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. £6- what a bargain! I'd have had no hesitation at buying it for that price! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fabbbb in that bottom picture! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That coat is ammaaaazzzing! I just love camel! Such a bargin! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look gorgeous! I love the outfit as well I need me a Gemini t shirt too.
    Such a shame someone spoilt it for everyone else.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look gorgeous! I love the outfit as well I need me a Gemini t shirt too.
    Such a shame someone spoilt it for everyone else.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your 'bitch rant' is so justified, I can't believe one selfish blogger ruined it for you all!

    That wool coat is a *bargain*, I love it.

    www.blahblahbecky.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. your lipstick is amazing in the last picture!
    love the coat and your flats!!
    Krissy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is SUCH a steal and a gem, Gem! You look delish too! As for that girl dropping out, I don't get it, why WOULD you drop out?! It seems like a great treat! Anywho, hope you got inspected okay! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coat is GORGE. Well done you for finding it! I never have the patience with charity shops :( also very gutted about the Wildfox thing. I want to know who pulled out! I still have the badge on my page in hope so should probably take it down now.. and and and I am loving your lipstick in the last snap! What is it if you don't mind me asking? x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adore your new coat Gem, it looks perfect with your leopard print detailz! So ridic about the blogger refusing to send their shirt back, so messed up! Lippie colour is perfecto (:

    ReplyDelete
  13. What! That is... outrageous. Shame about how it affected everyone else too :( On the other hand, SIX POUNDS IS SUCH A GREAT BARGAIN. For me, stingy at charity shop is above a tenner. It's so lovely and sophisticated
    It would be mine

    ReplyDelete
  14. thats a shame that your wildfox interview got cancelled, but thanks for sharing on here.. love reading stuff like that. And the T-shirt looks damn hot! love that lippy too

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Gem, you're so beautiful! I had to watch an ep of Mimi 7 after reading this. That's so shitty about Wildfox. Why are people so awful? Your hair is looking perfect by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your hair looks SO gorgeous in the last photo <3 And I love your camel coat, I really need to start shopping in charity shops again! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. you look so great, i've been dying to get an umbrella like that!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can't believe you nearly didn't get that coat.. You would have regretted that forever.. it's a beauty!

    Oh and there's always some selfish biatch somewhere that has to spoil everything for everyone! Grr they make me so angry!

    anyways.. you look amazing :)

    http://lowri-armsaroundamemory.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous coat! Such a good find and it really suits you :)
    Shame about the Wildfox feature, thanks for posting it up here though :)
    Rachelle xxx
    inspiredbytheretired.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. thats such a fab coat! kinda reminds me of the leopard print fur collar one that topshop did last year, so a great find! wish i had the patience for charity shop rummaging. love your lippie in the last pic btw xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. The coat is gourgeus and i really love your shoes1

    Please check out my blog
    www.gemsies.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. That coat is absolutely gorgeous, I can't believe it was only £6! I've never found anything in charity shops :(. I love the Wild Fox tee, that is so disappointing that someone pulled out, how annoying!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Can't believe some selfish bint ruined the Wilfox thing. It seems so juvenile to drop out but refuse to give back the freebie!
    Your hair's looking awesome in that last photo, have you had it cut in a different way?

    ReplyDelete
  24. That coat is just amazing - definitely worth the £6 pricetag! And it looks even better with those hits of leopard print :)

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the coat, can't believe that blogger! I would feel guilty if I didn't give a shirt back + why would you pass up on such an amazing oppitunity! Hopefully, you'll get another and atleast you got to keep the shirt in the end. are you actually a gemini?

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW! Gemma, you look stunning :) Your makeup & hair looks amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the coat, quite a steal at £6!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You look gorgeous in that last photo my dear. Love the pink lipstick and your camel coat is an amazing find! I need to search more charity shops. At least that's one benefit to moving back to my hometown after uni - every other shop is a charity shop! x

    www.dressingmissdolly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  29. Urgh I hate flat inspections, everytime they come around I have to play hide the cat which isn't very fun nor easy as he's fat and Ginger.
    You look gorge in your hallway snap, what lipstick are you wearing?
    X

    ReplyDelete
  30. Good lordy, it took me a min to remember what Miami 7 was but now I'm having flashbacks! (in the opening credits Tina wore a red Topshop vest I also had haha!) Love love totally adore your coat, but weren't you burning up?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. that really is the most amazing coat.

    ReplyDelete
  32. You look gorgeous in the last picture!

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Loving that wee coat - MUST get out and about into the charity shops of Glesca again soon. They hold some wonderous finds right enough.

    And LOL @ skort. Man, bring em back I say! (OK, not really).

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. that coat is an amazing find, can't believe that was only £6!? i really need to start rifling through charity shops a bit more!

    ReplyDelete
  35. OMG, S Club 7?! Those were the days. I was going to leave a little S Club 7 quote here for you but that might actually be too shameful! How were these questions supposed to prove you were a Gemini? Anyhow, I love your make up in the Gemini photo

    ReplyDelete
  36. That coat is fab, £6, total bargain! This outfit is v. cute :) x

    ReplyDelete
  37. That coat is amazing- what a great find!

    Nat x

    ReplyDelete
  38. We're Gemini too!
    Gorgeous coat - makes us long for winter a bit so we can back to wearing our furs!

    http://thebeautifulendvintage.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  39. Gahh Gem can't believe the coat was only £6, I love it! Sad to hear about the blogger pulling out, such a shame as it sounds like an interesting project. S x

    ReplyDelete
  40. The coat looks amazing! I love the Wildfox tees too :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  41. that coat is amazing! I have a coat with a fur collar from new look which was £15, I thought it was a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Aw you look lovely - wish I looked so stylish in the rain!

    That coat, in my opinion, looks mega expensive - can't believe it was only £6..

    I'd been wondering about the whole Wildfox starsign thing - had seen it mentioned on a few blogs a while back, but then nothing - now I know why!

    www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. You look epic!! What a stingy (and nasty!) girl who wouldn't send back a free tshirt!! Love your answers!

    Burn the Blonde
    X

    ReplyDelete
  44. love your coat! bababaaargain! love the tee, must have been so annoying that that selfish blogger refused to send the tee back! i would have liked to see all the signs :/ she ruined it :L ronan xxx

    http://ronanronanronan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  45. love your coat! bababaaargain! love the tee, must have been so annoying that that selfish blogger refused to send the tee back! i would have liked to see all the signs :/ she ruined it :L ronan xxx

    http://ronanronanronan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  46. That coat is fab, such a bargain as well. I may be being stupid, but why couldn't wildfox just print a new tee?

    ReplyDelete
  47. The cheek of that blogger btw :( Do you know who it is? I am so nosy :p Haha. Team Gemini ftw! That coat is such a steal Gem! So glad you managed to go back and get it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  48. That is such a lovely coat- great find! Topshop have just brought one out like it aswel, gotta love their vintage inspiration.
    Great post as always
    xx

    http://laramblesblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥