21.2.11

LFW Day 1 - The Look Show!


Hello strangers!

I've returned from planet fashion to my role as uni student/housewife/blogger.

The transition hasn't been too bad, as I got my marks back from my Topshop Fragrance project yesterday and got 81%! The top mark in the class apparently! I don't mean to blow my own trumpet. I'm just super happy, as this mark makes up for some unmitigated disasters in my second year.

Anywho, let's start with day 1 of fashion week, which was largely spent hanging out with Lily, Victoria, Michelle and Laura at The Look Show. Lily won tickets and kindly offered one to me! What a babe. I'm going to do a dedicated post on The Look Show because it was fantastic, but I'll save that until I have time to look through the catwalk pictures instead.

Until then, I'll amuse you with some casual snaps from the day!

Most of my pictures came out really blurry, so I have procured these images from a variety of sources (linked below)...

Firstly, here's what I wore. The pics were taken at about midnight after I'd got home so I look a smidge haggard. I'm wearing a gorgeous polka dot peter pan playsuit that Motel kindly sent me. They also wanted to treat you too, so if you type in 'GEMFATALE' at the checkout, you get 15% off all Motel branded products!





(Jacket - Topshop, Mulberry tote - LFW freebie, Nail polish - Gold Digger by Models Own, c/oVitamin Water, Models Own x Wah nail Pen c/o Models Own, Seche Vite topcoat)

And on to Friday:

Here's a literal mountain of Vitamin Water being distributed outside Somerset House. That stuff is synonymous with LFW these days! There are nearly more bottles of Vitamin Water at fashion week than there are bloggers. True story. ;)



An amusing typo of my blog name (and surname for that matter) on my invite to the Corrie Nielsen show at Somerset House that morning... may have to rebrand the blog as 'Geb Fatale'... I think it has more of an unconventional edge to it!



And onto The Look Show!




I got terribly starstruck and started papping all the celebrities! They were just milling around with us mere mortals! This was just the start of my papparazi antics of LFW... More to come in the next couple of days! So yes, here's Marina and her mousey jumper!



Here's a slightly creepier picture I took unbeknown to Marina when she was checking out the Chocolate Fountain. The Look Show definitely let my inner stalker shine through! Nice to see another girl who owes her curves to a love of chocolate and marshmallows.



Booze + Cam = ready to pap. (From Laura's blog)



My celeb snapping etiquette developed throughout the afternoon, and here is what happens when you actually ask a celebrity for a photo. They smile! Well, Keisha was too busy doing an interview to pose, never mind! Here's Sophie Ellis-Bizzle:



Me and the lovely Carina, image courtesy of Look's Facebook!



A pic Lily snapped of me and Victoria having a lol over a gross pic she took of me (I think).



And us all in the photobooth! I don't seem to be able to get in one without pulling at least one cross-eyed silly face. At least this face isn't as bad as my last photoshop gurning session... Enjoy!


After The Look Show, we all went back to Somerset House and hung around for a bit! We also tried to get into a show, but it was too oversubscribed so loads of people didn't get in. So we went for dinner instead, which was even better really! I didn't get any good pictures because it was really dimly lit in the restaurant.

Thanks for inviting me, Lily, and thanks to all the girls I hung out with for being generally lovely. Click on the names below to read other accounts of the day!

Lily
Victoria
Michelle
Laura

And Lara Lain (who works for Look) has done a great little post on her blog - an insider's perspective of the day!

I've got work today and friends round later on, so I'm not sure what this means for Tuesday Tips, but I'll see what I can do.

Can't wait to share the rest of my LFW with you! ♥

46 comments:

  1. i serously love everything you wear, & those nails are amazing. also, i'm not even that big of a fan of short hair, but yours is stunning.. you almost make me want to chop all mine off! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had an amazing time! I'm so jealous & you look gorgeous!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the gold nails! Gold sadly doesn't suit my skin well but I want to try it! :) I've never milled around with celebrities but I imagine it must be pretty weird lol :) love Marina's hair xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! :D
    I love your playsuit and the nails, so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous lady! Love your clandestine pic of Marina troughing at the chocolate fountain. Send that into Heat's Spotted section!

    Was so, so wonderful to FINALLY meet you after our long and lustrous online relationship. I want to do it again soon, please! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, all these photobooth pics are genius - I'm thinking the photobooths should become standard features in student housing- would be hilarious!

    Really love the playsuit - and your lipstick looks larrvley :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on your fragrance project! I beat you're well chuffed!
    I absolutely LOVE that playsuit- unfortunately, I can't do shorts that short, because they rid up my chubby thighs :( If only the shorts were a little longer, it would be perfect! Love it with the pin up make up too.
    I'm personally more excited about Sophie Ellis Bextor than Marina,I was rather obsessed with her in my early teens!

    ReplyDelete
  8. there are no words for how jealous i am! would have LOVED to have gone to LFW! love the outfit. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done and congratulations on your project, why shouldn't you be proud of an achievement like that!

    Love the playsuit and I those nails are amazing, beginning to contemplate going caffein free so my hands stop shaking so I can try experimenting with some of the fab things I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ah looks like you had loads of fun, and i love your nail polish!
    xxxxx

    www.suyinsays-suyinloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. it looks like you had such a good day, so jealous of stalking marina! i love the outfit as well. i think i'm just generally jealous aha.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look amazing as always! looove your hair! and your quirky writing style.

    <3 from south africa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like so much fun! Love your red lippy, very striking :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. you look lovely, and it sounds like it was amazing.
    very nice outfit too :) xox
    http://gh0stparties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. sounds amazing! you look lovely, really like that playsuit and red lipstick looks great on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really do adore your hair! Slight tangent but I saw a band called Zoey Van Goey last night and the girl had similar style to yours (and hair). The red lipstick pulls it all together, I'm a big fan of red lips.

    Looks like you had a fun day too!

    Love it Geb ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Is Sophie E-B wearing a Topshop dress? I'm sure I recognise it.

    I've been thinking this while reading blogger accounts of LFW: you're so brave! I would be so nervous I don't think I would be able to get dressed, it seems like a ton of pressure to look great and act cool. Good job bloggers are super sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Best account of LFW ever!! Those red lips are fierce girl, loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would have loved to go to The Look Show! Your outfits are beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like you had a great time at LFW! I think I actually saw you on Friday haha

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh no there's me in the picture with Marina& the fountain! lol.

    It was funny, my boyfriend+I had our picture taken with her after she had eaten some of the chocolate fountain, and she asked my boyfriend if she had chocolate on her face. But she was a total sweetie. I've written up part I of my report here: http://mariadust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. At the risk of sounding creepy, I think you're so so so pretty. Love the playsuit and nails,looks like it was an awesome day.x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds/looks like you had a great time, and I so love your playsuit! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like you had a brilliant time! I love that jumpsuit and how fun are those photobooth pictures.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great outfit and I really like the photos, looks like you had a great time. Marina looks amazing as does Sophie.
    I tried the gold nails with leopard print a few weeks back, I love it!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations on your mark, sounds like you worked really hard! I'm normally not a fan of Motel very much but I love this play suit xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Geb Fatale sounds like you have a cold and are trying to say your website XD
    Stacie xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  28. pretty sure i saw you on the main page of look's website... i'm sure you already no ur there but just incase.

    ReplyDelete
  29. looks like you had an amazing time, LUCKYYYY! love your write up of it and honestly don't understand how whoever got to that typo haha xo.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Looks like you had a fab time! Love all of the photo booth pictures
    x

    ReplyDelete
  31. You looked fab and you guys look like you had a amazing day, super jealous i am!xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Still lolling at the Gebfatale, and remembering the epic Olivia P fail! Love love loved your playsuit Gem, was such fun on Friday and great to see you again! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. marina is amazing, saw her live in october, LOVE HER!
    you look beautiful and i totally want to be as successful at blogging as you, you're a total inspiration!
    amy,x

    ReplyDelete
  34. ah was such a great event - so glad you eventually plucked up the courage to pap marina! ha ha xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fantastic choice on the outfit front! Absolutely love that playsuit! Totally jealous. And your has is looking great. Cant wait to here your outlook on the look show!


    http://whatscarlettwore.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. you looked amazing at the look show, looked like such a fun and exciting day!

    ReplyDelete
  37. If you were to become Geb Fatale, I think you'd have to move from Canterbury to Carolina and adopt a Southern accent. :P

    Lovely photos all around, especially the photobooth one; too adorable!

    What does "pap" mean, btw?

    Anyway, I can't wait for the rest of your recap of LFW; I'm in the middle of recapping my first time at NYFW right now.

    Big hugs! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  38. You're outfit is too cute, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks for your kind comment on my blog and also for the link - fab ;)
    I love your post and I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your day with the girls xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Cute outfit, looks like you had a lovely day :) x

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oooft check you out gal! lookin fiiiine ;) Have LOVED reading about your time at LFW, it is so strange seeing all my fave bloggers in the one photobooth :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. This all sounds so amazing. Especially MARINA! Ahhhh! Love her. You look wonderful, that playsuit is adorable on you.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love this post! Literally read and re-read it like 3 times. You guys look like you had SO much fun :)

    Xisses, Onyxsta

    http://say-bleurgh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. I'm big time in love with Marina so I'm lightly jel of your paparazzi ways! And how cute is her mouse jumper? I want one! hehe. Also great effort on your behalf talking to Sophie Ellis-Bextor too - amazing! Looks like you an an incredible time, I'm insanely jealous! Loving your outfit too - your red lippy is fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  45. Loving your Motel outfit! Marina wore the grey version during LFW too!

    www.le-need.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  46. You look like you had so much fun there!! What was your favourite show? We collected some gems from Twitter during LFW to round up the week http://magazine.motilo.com/london-fashion-tweet/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! ♥